The Knee Walker greatly improves the quality of life by allowing the patient greater mobility, stability and comfort with less effort. Not only does a Knee Walker take less energy to propel on hard, level ground as compared with a walker or crutches, it also improves balance due to its broad base of support. Considering these benefits, it may seem surprising to hear that Knee Walkers also strengthen muscles instead of allowing atrophy, that is, wasting away of muscles and bone mass. Atrophy is one of the negative consequences of using crutches, walkers, and wheelchairs. By exercising most or all of the muscles around the knee, hip, and trunk during regular use, recipients benefit from strengthening of those muscles in both the injured and uninjured legs.
- Eliminates tripping or falling associated with crutches.
- Less fatigue due to conserved energy
- Frees up hands.
- Prevents atrophy by strengthening proximal muscles in affected leg.
- Provides stability for those with compromised balance.
- Improves circulation in affected leg.
- Partially elevates affected leg for less pain and swelling.
- Can be used as a bench or foot stool during rest.
- Folds in seconds for transport or storage (no need to disassemble).
- * Self Assembly is required.
- Handle Height adjustments 78cm to 94
- Knee pad height adjustable from 44cm to 56cm
- Handle folds down for easy storage
- For users 157 cm to 193cm
- Product weight: 11kg
- Maximum user weight capacity: 130kg